Sister Faustina’s Divine Mercy Devotion


Sister Faustina’s Divine Mercy Devotion

The following article is taken from the mostholyfamilymonastery.com which is written by Bro. Peter Dimond, O.S.B. to whom sole credit belongs:

Sister Faustina Kowalski and the image of the divine mercy

Sister Faustina’s Divine Mercy Devotion is something to avoid.

Over the years we had heard different opinions about the Divine Mercy Devotion; we didn’t know exactly what to think about it. The fact is that in the 1950’s the Divine Mercy Devotion was suppressed and Sr. Faustina’s diary was on the index of forbidden books. It was only rehabilitated around the world by John Paul II after Vatican II. In addition to that, something that concerned us was that it seemed to be popular among the Charismatic “Catholics,” and that it seemed to be used as a substitute for the Rosary. Some time ago one of us decided to quickly flip through the more than 600-page book Divine Mercy in my Soul Diary by Sister Faustina Kowalski. Below are just a few strange things that were found in that investigation that are enough to convince us that this “devotion” is something to be avoided.

On page 23 of the book Divine Mercy in My Soul (The Diary of Sr. Faustina), it says: “… and the host came out of the tabernacle and came to rest in my hands and I, with joy, placed it back in the tabernacle. This was repeated a second time, and I did the same thing. Despite this, it happened a third time…

On page 89 of the book Divine Mercy in My Soul, it says: “When the priest approached me again, I raised the host for him to put back into the chalice, because when I had first received Jesus I could not speak before consuming the host, and so could not tell Him that the other host had fallen. But while I was holding the host in my hand, I felt such a power of love that for the rest of the day I could neither eat nor come to my senses. I heard these words from the host: I desired to rest in your hands, not only in your heart.”


0 Responses