5 Healthy Marshmallow Recipes

5 Healthy Marshmallow Recipes

I must confess: when it comes to food I can resist almost anything except marshmallows. I love their soft, sweet, marshmallow-y goodness. But most packaged varieties contain excessive amounts of sugar and are full of junk ingredients like preservatives and, surprisingly, colors–even in many white marshmallows. So I scoured the web to round up healthier homemade options.
I found recipes that claimed to be healthier but were still full of unhealthy ingredients. Some contained corn starch or corn syrup, both of which are typically derived from genetically-modified corn. Others contained soy protein isolate which also tends to be from genetically-modified soy and, as with most protein isolates, typically contain the nerve toxin, monosodium glutamate (MSG).


Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/love-marshmallows-5-healthier-marshmallows.html#ixzz2vBoCpZ69
0 Responses